The Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards Competition takes place each year to recognize creative achievement in structural engineering via innovative structural designs and individual contributions that advance the profession.
We are pleased to announce the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards Program for 2018, the thirty-ninth annual awards event conducted by the association.
The winners are announced at the Annual Awards Banquet each year.
Awards are given in the categories listed below.
- Jurors' Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
- Best Renovation/Retrofit Project
- Best Bridge/Transportation Project
- Best Industrial/Utility Project New Category
- Best Project - > $150 Million
- Best Project - $50 Million to $150 Million
- Best Project - $10 Million to $50 Million
- Best Project - up to $10 Million
- Lavicka Award - Small Firm/Small Project
- Best Neighboring State Project New Category
Congratulations to the 2018 Finalists!
S.K.Y. Restaurant; The Structural Group
Paragon Theater Conversion, Forefront Structural Engineers, Inc.
CTF Tianjin, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Wolf Point East Tower, The Walsh Group
The Yard at Shakespeare Theater, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
Manulife Place +15 Pedestrian Bridge, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Ryan/Walter Athletic Facility, Northwestern University, WSP
Wiikiaami, Pierce Engineers
Washington Wabash Elevated Train Station, EXP US Services, Inc.
Salesforce Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
Kellogg Global Hub, Northwestern University, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
Chicago's Shakespeare Theater Movable Towers, Klein and Hoffman, Inc.
Short Baseline Neutrino Near & Far Detector Buildings, Holabird & Root, LLC
New Trier High School Addition, Wight & Company
Wilson CTA Station, HNTB Corporation
I-55 & Lake Shore Drive Interchange, AECOM
403 N Wabash, James McHugh Construction Co.
St. Anthony Parkway Bridge, Parsons