SEAOI is partnering with the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) for Rebuilding Together 2020. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, National Rebuilding Together Day has been rescheduled from Saturday April 25 to a future date yet to be determined. As soon as additional information is available, it will be shared on this page.
Rebuilding Together is a national organization dedicated to community revitalization where volunteers join forces to fix up homes that have fallen into disrepair due to lack of resources and/or abilities of the homeowners. On Saturday, April 27th, SEAOI will be joining hundreds of organizations across the city and across the country on National Rebuilding Together Day in sponsoring the home of Mr. S, of Chicago Heights, IL. To truly make a difference to Mr. S., SEAOI is looking for the most important component of all: YOU!
Some of the activities the volunteers may be completing in Mr. S's home are:
- Dishwasher replacement
- Washer/Dryer replacement
- Window replacement
- Carpet removal
- Flooring replacement
- Minor wall repair and patching
- Touch-up painting
- Assisting skilled laborers with minor plumbing and electrical work
Transportation to and from Chicago Heights is still being coordinated. Volunteers may need to carpool and/or provide their own transportation. Details TBD.
- Who: You are helping Mr. S.
- What: Home improvement projects to Mr. S's home
- Where: Chicago Heights, IL (the exact address will be shared with volunteers prior to Rebuild Day)
- When: Saturday, April 27th, 2018, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Why: Because giving back through community involvement is one of the most rewarding things you can participate in!
Registration is now closed, but if you would like to make a monetary donation to support the efforts of the SEAOI team's event day expenses, please use the donation link on the right tab.
Family members and significant others are welcome to join on Rebuild Day, but ALL VOLUNTEERS must be registered on SEAOI’s website.
Lunch will be provided and all volunteers will be expected to wear a Rebuilding Together t-shirt (distributed at the house).