Participants have until December 11th to purchase their own building material (traditional gingerbread house materials only - if it’s not edible, it’s not eligible!), design and build their structure (help from family members is encouraged!), name their creation, and upload finished construction photos. Finished designs do not require an SE stamp.
- Name and email of Structural Engineer (i.e. SEAOI member)
- Name of Design Team: Owner, Architect, and Contractor (optional)
- Photo of finished structure (photos of “construction” progress and the “design team” are encouraged!)
- Name of Gingerbread Structure
- Submit entries here by 12/11
NEW for 2023 - TEAM Entry! Grab your favorite colleagues and work together to plan and build an edible masterpiece! The same rules apply to team entries (everything edible), but only one team will win the Best Team Project ($100 gift card).
Structures will be judged by the SEAOI Building Codes Committee and winners will be selected for each of the following categories:
- Best Bridge
- Best Building
- Most Creative Name
- Most Creative Use of Building Materials
Winners will be announced December 21st, and each of the individual winners will receive a $25 gift card (winner's choice!); TEAMS winner will receive a $100 gift card.
2022 participants, pictured (top to bottom):
The Frederick C. Robie Gingerbread House - Gloria A. Frank
The Logan Theater - Danny Lally
Spice Drop Center Parking Garage - David Nauheimer
Mrs. Unicastle - Erin Powers
Ohana Cottages - Michelle Ryland