SEAOI WiSE is happy to partner with EUCI for their upcoming conference, Building Leadership: Women in Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC), taking place in Chicago on April 20th and 21st, 2017.
SEAOI members may use the discount code SEIAEC for 10% off the registration fee!
This conference will bring together both women and men across related sectors in the AEC industry, leading the way on diversity and inclusion issues. Come network with top professionals in the industry regarding the most pertinent developments in AEC, and discuss the challenges of diversity in a traditionally male-dominated sector. Here we will cover strategies for leveraging both professional development resources in addition to technical advances in AEC to invoke change for diversity and inclusion. This event will ensure both women and men are prepared in the changing environment, and leave with the tools necessary to both continue the gender conversation in a solution-focused way, and utilize new developments and trends within AEC to help advance in this career despite any roadblocks.
Key takeaways include:
- Implement strategies for continuing the gender conversation in the workplace
- Analyze women’s progress in AEC and the barriers that have already been broken down to find out what still needs to be done
- Compare men’s perspective in the AEC industry to the female experience, and discuss strategies for how this side can help effect change
- Design a solution-oriented plan to bridge gender and generational differences by uncovering the effects of implicit bias
- Leverage committee work, mentorship, and women’s resource groups for career advancement
- Evaluate new developments in sustainability and resiliency issues, and project management techniques to lead their implementation
- Define practical applications for technical developments in AEC, and how these technologies can most effectively be utilized
- Assess the economic and business-focused benefits for diversity in the workplace