SEAOI’s commitment to protecting the health and well-being of our members, event attendees, speakers and staff is of utmost importance. We have created this page to serve as a comprehensive resource to update our members and the structural engineering community as easily and as quickly as possible. SEAOI will still continue to communicate any changes/updates for events through direct emails to all registered event attendees and speakers, exhibitors and sponsors, on the individaul event pages and this page. Your understanding and flexibility as we navigate this evolving situation is most appreciated. We are committed to serving our membership and the structural engineering community as best as possible, and are grateful for your support.
Events -- current as of 4/7/20
- April 8, 2020
- Content available until October 2020 exam
- Deadline Extended to April 13th
- Deadline Extended to April 13th
- Rescheduled to August 13th
- Keeping May 13th date for now (may be delivered remotely/may change date)
- Keeping May 20th date for now (may be delivered remotely/may change date)
- Rescheduled to June 2nd
- Rescheduled to June 10th
- Rescheduled to June 27th
- The SEAOI office is closed until April 30th, per the national Shelter in Place mandate.
- The best way to contact the office is via email at Staff@SEAOI.org.
While we all navigate this new normal, it's incredibly important to maintain a positive attitude. Below are some resources that will hopefully help you and yours during this time. If you have recommendations for resources that have been helpful to you and you'd like to share with others here, please email Staff@SEAOI.org. We're all in this together!
- Zoom Training Resources -- When you know better, you do better
- Google Arts & Culture -- Perhaps the Internet's BIggest Rabit Hole
- LIVE Web Cam - Baby Bald Eagles. What more could anyone want?
- What room do you want to be in? -- Twitter thread that lets you travel to a room you might rather be in
- Which literary figure are you? -- Open source quiz
- Mini Crossword
- Shelter-in-Place, but make it Ivy League - Free Ivy League streaming courses might make the SIP medicine go down better. Harvard's Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science (part 1) and Yale's Moralities of Everyday Life
- Streaming Travel - 18 of the best travel shows you can stream right now
- NatGeo - 5 inspiring no-travel experiences
- Goodnight with Dolly - Bedtime stories read by national treasure Dolly Parton
- NASA – ever thought about being an astronaut? Check out NASA at home.
- Illinois Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - You'll find information on state cases as well as links to state and national resources.
- Solo Summit - free daily live conversations from 12pm to 1pm ET lead by Stephen Warley, founder of Life Skills That Matter, to connect, to collaborate and to clarify about how to deal with your new work reality
- Shed Aquarium Online - Relax with the Underwater Beauty ive cam
- 52 Tricks to Teach Your Dog - improve your new co-worker's manners
- Experience the Field Museum at Home - online resources and great activities for all ages
- Comforting Books - need a break from the news? The NYT asked several authors for books they turn to for comfort.
- How to disinfect your food/kitchen -- helpful tips in the age of corona
- Battling Screen Fatigue - we're all looking at screens more
- Best things to Stream with your Kids - honestly, some of these are good for adults, too
- Isle of Calm - 6 hours of soothing music from NPR For when you need a break from your Spotify curated lists
- YouTube Learning Channel - Structural Engineering! For you, or your little ones at home. Everything from "A Day in the Life of an SE" to learning the basisc, to how to be a good SE.
- Living your Best Quarantined Life -- comprehensive article covering everythign from staying productive to video call etiquette to parenting and exercising. Really.
- Calm A carefully currated collection of free content to support your mental and emotional wellness. Changes often so check back every day.
- Twitter #workfromhome -- we really are in this together.